The 2013 DecoTurf High School Tennis Team Championships Program and Tournament Guide is now available to view online. The guide features a tournament preview, team rosters, brackets, tournament history, tournament rules and information from tournament sponsors. This guide is your top source for information relating the 2013 event. A Tournament Guide will be distributed to all players and coaches participating in the event. Click here to view the tournament guide now.
Thursday, February 28, 2013
Sunday, February 24, 2013
Saturday, February 23, 2013
The DecoTurf High School Tennis Team Championships has paired up with some of the top tourist attractions in the Louisville area to offer discounts for participating teams. One of the missions of the tournament is to enhance the experience of participating players and coaches by giving them time to experience Louisville while on their trip. Among the discounted attractions are:
The Louisville Slugger Museum & Factory showcases the history of the Louisville Slugger brand of baseball bats made by Hillerich & Bradsby, and of baseball in general. Outside is a six-story bat that appears to be leaning against the museum building but is completely free standing, the bat weighs 68,000 pounds. Guests now have the opportunity to see bats being made seven days a week and everyone receives a miniature souvenir bat at the end of the tour! A discounted admission of $10 is being offered to all tournament participants when a tournament coaches pass is shown at the ticket window.
When you visit the Kentucky Derby Museum you will find yourself immersed in the next best thing to actually being at the Derby! Our exhibits will take you through the journey from the birth of the foal to the winner's circle. Find yourself in the middle of Kentucky Derby week activities and Derby traditions. Or you can take in the view of the track on Derby Day from the middle of the Infield. A discounted admission of $10 is being offered to all participating players when a tournament coaches pass is shown at the ticket window.
Whether its taking the historic tram tour through part of 17 miles of underground corridors beneath the city of Louisville, Kentucky or zipping along on the world's only all underground zip line adventure Mega Cavern. Mega Cavern was recently rated as Louisville's top attraction by TripAdvisor and has been featured on Travel Channel and Discovery Channel. Louisville Mega Cavern is offering FREE historic trams tours to all participants. To schedule your FREE tour contact Jacque Miller at (502) 855-3580. They are also offering a discounted rate of $59 per person for MegaZips zip line tours.
KentuckyShow! is an exciting, emotionally compelling large screen multi-media experience narrated by Ashley Judd that captures Kentucky’s people, culture, history, music, spirit and more! Tickets for KentuckyShow! are being offered at a buy one get one free discount for all participating players and coaches. Click here for voucher for discounted admission.
For more information on planning your trip to Louisville visit www.GoToLouisville.com.
Saturday, February 9, 2013
We are pleased to announce that Enterprise Rent A Car has is our most recent Tournament Partner and will offer tournament participants a 5% discount on rentals during the event. That means that teams can rent a van for as low as $43 per day. For more information on reserving your car see below or click here to make your reservation now!
Unfortunately due to state laws the company can no longer rent 15-passenger vans to school groups so please plan accordingly.
Friday, February 8, 2013
The pairing for the 2013 Boys DecoTurf High School Tennis Team Championships 'A Division' have been released. The tournament will begin on Friday, March 22nd with some exciting first round match-ups.
- Defending Florida Class 3A State Champion Barron Collier (Naples, FL), the 2012 tournament runner-up, will open play against Tennessee Division II Class AA semi-finalist Baylor (Chattanooga, TN).
- Deerfield (Deerfield, IL) will look to follow up their 5th Place finish in Illinois last season as they open play against Northern California state quarterfinalist Davis (Davis, CA).
- Florida Class 2A runner-up Gulliver Prep (Miami, FL) open play against defending Louisiana Class 5A State Champion Jesuit (New Orleans, LA).
- Defending Tennessee Division II Class AA State Champion Montgomery Bell Academy (Nashville, TN) will take on three-time Mississippi Class 6A State Champion Ocean Springs (Ocean Spring, MS) in their tournament opener.
- Defending Maryland Interscholastic Athletic Association Champion Mount St. Joseph (Baltimore, MD) will open tournament play against Florida Class 4A's 8th place finisher Winter Park (Winter Park, FL).
- Tennessee Division II Class AA semi-finalist McCallie (Chattanooga, TN) will open play against defending Illinois State Champion Hinsdale Central (Hinsdale, IL).
- Defending Kentucky State Champion Saint Xavier (Louisville, KY) will look to follow up a 4th place finish in 2012 as they open play against Ravenwood (Brentwood, TN).
- Kentucky state quarterfinalist Trinity (Louisville, KY) will open play against Tennessee Division II Class AA runner-up Memphis University School (Memphis, TN).
The tournament will consist of two rounds of play on Friday, March 22nd and two rounds of play on Saturday, March 23rd. The tournament championship is scheduled for Saturday at 2:30pm at E.P. Sawyer State Park. To view a printable copy of the bracket click here.
The pairings for the Boys DecoTurf High School Tennis Team Championships 'B Division' will be released next week.